Festival makeup

by - June 25, 2016

Festival season is in full swing! I'm a massive festival fan myself, the whole experience is just so exciting. The vibes, music, clothes and obviously the makeup! Festivals are the best excuse to go wild with makeup and pull it off.

I decided to step out of my comfort zone and try something new. I usually stick with the same eye colours of browns, golds, oranges and reds. So I wanted to try something slightly different and use colours that I wouldn't usually use.
I also felt very inspired by the lovely Hannah Renee's recent video based on her Parklife makeup look. So I wanted to create something similar but different to give my own twist on it.

Hannah's Channel



I wanted to go bright and vibrant to make my eyes pop. I opted for an almost sunset feel with oranges, pinks, yellows and purples. I also picked up these gorgeous Quay Australia sunnies in the ASOS sale for £10 and they paired perfectly with this look which made me so excited.

I decided to opt for a high coverage full face of makeup as I wanted my skin to look so smooth and flawless. I used a mixture of 2 foundations, the Maybelline dream satin liquid foundation and the L'oreal wake me up foundation. As these are my best 2 foundations that match to my tan.
I then used the LA GIRL pro concealer to highlight my under eyes, nose and forehead.


I used the Sleek cream contour kit in the shade light and used the highlighting colours and applied to my under eyes, nose and forehead. I set this with my Morphe 06PC pro cool definition palette. And baked the white shade below my contour lines.
I then contoured with the Clinique chubby stick in the contour shade and applied this to my cheekbones, forehead, along the edges of my nose and also my jaw line. I then bronzed it up with my Benefit Hoola bronzer.

I highlighted with my ABH glow kit and my MAC Mineralize skin finish in the shade soft and gentle. I went to town on my highlight as I always think of glitter and sparkles when it comes to festival makeup.

For eyebrows I used my all time favourite ABH dipbrow pomade in the shade medium brown and set with the rimmel clear brow gel to ensure my brows stay in place.



For my eyes I firstly applied a yellow shaddow all over my lid by makeup revolution. I then used 2 model's own shaddows one illuminous orange and the other illuminous pink. I applied an orange shade from the Morphe 35N palette into the crease of my eye.
I used one of the purple shades from the Morphe 35N palette and the colour fishnet and ransom from the Urban Decay deluxe shaddow box. I applied these shades to outer V for more depth and definition.

I applied all these shades to my lower lash line in the same colour order and blended out.

I applied the soap and glory liquid liner and then applied my Eylur No 121 definition lashes.


For creating the metallic dots around my eyes I used the Essence Metal glam eyeshaddow 11. I thought this would be the perfect finishing touch to add a festival feel to my makeup.

I then applied MAC all fired up for my lipstick.


I am super happy with this makeup looks, I think it's one of the best makeup looks I feel that i've done. It's so exciting seeing the progression in my makeup, makes me so excited and proud to see how far i've came since last year. I definitely would wear this makeup look to a festival, and i'm just hoping I can go to one now to wear this look!

If you'd like to see anymore festival inspired makeup looks comment below!

Until next time,
Hannah

You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Beautiful makeup, I adore the ombre eye and the metallic dots are so cute, you look like a mermaid! Hope you had a wonderful summer! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete

Glam half skull inspied by Glitteralittle

I've been super excited to keep trying new Halloween makeup looks and as soon as I saw this one I couldn't help myself to give it a ...